You’ll be eligible for the welcome offer if you’re studying at one of these universities:
My card and my account
- debit card (international payment card with immediate debit) within the meaning of article D312-1-1 of the French Monetary and Financial Code : Visa Classic(8)
- everyday finance: account fees, card replacement, cheque cancellation fees
- insurance on payment methods in the event of theft or loss(9)
- overdraft facility: up to €150 a month(10)
Selectra Award for the second best traditional bank for students 2021
How to apply
Make an appointment at a branch.
(1) Offer is valid for every new account opened up to 31 December 2022. Special pricing is available to students aged 18-28 and who attend an HSBC partner school. Subject to a successful application and within the limits of the provisions outlined in the contract.
(2) Card offered once at least 3 withdrawals and payments are made from the account in the first 2 months of opening. Can be used with other available offers. Not available for HSBC Continental Europe employees in France. Card can be used to make payment in store or online once or multiple times, to the nearest cent in Euro. Valid for 12 months. For the full list of partner stores, visit www.illicado.com
(5) According to regulations, individuals, companies and associations that don't have the commercial forms relevant for tax purposes in France must declare the following when completing their income tax returns or profit and loss statements:
- any accounts opened, held, used or closed abroad
- any related income
Once an individual receives income from real estate assets, they must pay social security contributions and, where applicable, advance income tax.
Under certain conditions, the percentage of the value held in shares or real estate assets must be declared under real estate wealth tax, if the holder is liable to pay it. In the event of non-compliance with these obligations, the individuals concerned will be liable for tax reminders and penalties. For more information on your tax and reporting obligations, we recommend contacting an independent adviser.
(6) Up to USD 100,000 (or its equivalent) is subject to eligibility criteria. Additional charges by French or foreign parties may apply after a particular service or foreign exchange transaction. The exchange rate corresponds to the exchange price of the currency when the transaction is made, plus a variable margin according to the transaction amount and currency.
(7) Preferential rate when you sign up for HSBC Hexagone during your studies at the institution. Rate is renewable each year with a student card. Offer subject to conditions at HSBC branches and a successful application. Access to products and services may be restricted for certain individuals or in certain countries/regions.
(9) HSBC Volassur is a group insurance policy with individual and optional subscription, underwritten by HSBC Continental Europe with AIG Europe SA. Operates within the limits of contractual provisions.
(10) Subject to a successful application. Cash facility can be used for up to 15 days a month, consecutive or not. For example, if a EUR 150 overdraft is used for 15 days, the total cost is EUR 0.97 (including the highest overdraft fee calculated at a rate of 0.05%). The interest rate is equal to the HSBC base plus 7%, that is, a rate of 14.4% from January 1 2022. APR 17.04%, that is, an APR of 0.0431% a day.
(11) Selectra 2021 Study - Selectra aims to present the insurance and banking market players best suited to students' specific needs. This includes the price and the range of services offered (loans, savings accounts, guarantees offered, mobile application etc.), and the customer experience (applications, customer service). Selecta's ranking should not be considered personal advice. https://selectra.info/finance/guides/comprendre/meilleure-banque-etudiante
HSBC Continental Europe - Anonymous Society with EUR 491,155,980 capital as of January 1 2022. SIREN 775 670 284 RCS Paris. Registered office: 38, avenue Kléber - 75116 Paris. Bank and insurance intermediary registered with the ORIAS (Association for the Registering of Insurance Intermediaries orias.fr) under 07 005 894.
HSBC Life Insurance (France) - Anonymous Society with EUR 115,000 capital as of January 1 2022. SIREN 338 075 062 RCS Nanterre. Postal address: 38, avenue Kléber - 75116 Paris. Registered address: Immeuble Cœur Défense - 110, esplanade du Général de Gaulle - 92 400 Courbevoie. Regulated by the Insurance Code.